The evolution of Avonlea (and her counterpart, Avalon) has been a long process, as I've explained in other posts. Because she was the character I practiced on most, most of my mistakes were made on her. I started out in FaceGen, sculpting out a basic form using the slider system. Then I imported the base shape to Hexagon, via Daz Studio, using the Genesis figure. Unfortunately, the face I was producing (as nice as it was) did not really match the image of her in my mind. I got even further off the mark when I switched over to working with the Genesis 2 Female (and for Avalon, G2M). So, I kept refining until I got this result.
In addition to all the sculpting, I have been creating or customizing the skin and hair materials and shaders. For this render, I went with a high-gloss skin shader to help bring out the facial features. The base skin is the V5 "Bree" skin, which I've revised several times, but ultimately I'm going to paint a custom skin for Avonlea (and Avalon).